It’s easy to decorate for a polka dot party using items you already have lying around the house. Look for round things in your kitchen and think about how you can incorporate them into the party. Here are some great ideas.
- In addition to solid color balloons, decorate with polka dot balloons. You can tie them together in bunches or let them float around the room freely.
- Use small round rugs to create an entryway from your front door to the party area. If you don’t have rugs, cut large pieces of construction paper into circles and tape them to the floor.
- Cut 1 3/4 inch circles out of paper and add them to string for a polka dot garland. Make several strands and add them to a window running vertically or string them from a chandelier to the corners of your ceiling for a draped effect.
- Cut photos of your child into the shape of circles. You can make a round photo for every year of your child’s life and then write above the photo “connect the dots to my 7th birthday” or whatever age your birthday child is turning. This could be a nice arrangement to display on the wall.
- When it’s time to eat, arrange smaller tables into the shape of a circle instead of using one large table. Ask everyone to “circle around” for food!
- Place hula hoops around the room for your guests to use.
- Make your own confetti using a single hole punch and bright colored construction paper. Then, scatter the confetti around the party table.
- Ask your guests to wear polka dots to the party. Have some extra polka dot shirts or scarves in case one of your guests doesn’t have anything to wear.
Serve nothing but round food at your polka dot party! Here some tasty suggestions that will add to the ambience.
- Serve round fruit in round bowls. Some examples are apples, oranges, cherries and grapes. Alternatively you can serve fruit skewers with cantaloupe and honeydew melon balls.
- Place small round candy in these adorable polka dot candy cups.
- For a snack serve round crackers with cheese and salami. You can slice the cheese into circles using a cookie cutter.
- Make macaroni using wheel shaped noodles.
- Serve pizza bagels with or without pepperoni.
- Serve hamburgers or round hot dog slices. Draw a ring of ketchup and a ring of mustard on the plate and then place two round pickles next to the burger or hot dog slices.
- Some round junk food ideas are cheese balls, M&Ms, Skittles, Nilla Wafers, Oreo cookies and round pretzels.
- For dessert you can serve round cookies, cupcakes or donuts.
Thank your guests with spot on party favors!
To find a large variety of Polka Dot party favors, visit The Party Fetti Shop for all our available ready to ship party favors and decor or request a set of polka dot pinwheels or any other custom favors for your upcoming party.