Christmas Party Ideas
CHRISTMAS PARTY IDEAS & WINTER CUPCAKE RECIPE
Did you survive the Black Friday sales? I don’t know about you – but I ignored my cell phone and tablet for much of the Thanksgiving weekend to spend time with friends and loved ones over the holiday and to focus on what is important. So, this morning I opened my email in-box to find over 80 plus sales and marketing emails from the weekend. Ugh!
It was a bit excessive to say the least and annoying! Delete, delete, delete! I really wish retailers would recognize the difference between successful email marketing and spam, because, even if you do opt in for a retailer’s marketing emails. . . too much – IS SPAM!
Seriously, some of these online retail websites emailed me 6 times in one day- and on Thanksgiving?? All in an effort to promote the Black Friday sales. I have unsubscribed to several email lists, as of this morning.
I promise to offer some holiday inspiration over the next few weeks, instead of a “buy this, sale, shop now, hurry before the sale ends!”, type blog posts. I know how stressful the holidays can be as it is- so I want to inspire you this Christmas, offer some quick diy projects, decorating tips, and holiday recipes here at the Party Fetti blog to make it more enjoyable and not use my blog solely as a marketing platform. Although I do email my subscribers with a sale promo about once every two to three months, in addition to my regular blog posts here – generally with links to my Etsy shops at the end of many of my posts , such as today’s post- still, my priority is to help you to throw the best celebration! I started this blog to inspire my followers to offer tips for party and holiday decorating and I will continue to offer plenty of holiday ideas over the next few weeks.
So, let’s get to it! Below I am sharing a quick recipe for Snowball Mini Cupcakes – scroll down for the recipe.
However, first, here are a few quick decorating tips for a Christmas party or for any winter event or winter birthday party-
Use what you have! Pull items from your Christmas decorations, such as feather trees, snowflake ornaments, large glass containers, and a simple cupcake stand, like this set up shown above, for a 1st birthday as a Winter Onederland party. Love the pink for the little girl too!
Set up a wintry scene with fake snow, white trees, pine cones, and snowmen.
This works for an adult holiday party or for a children’s birthday party. A color palette of white, grey, silver, and blue ties it all together – but don’t be afraid to go with pinks and neon colors for a more contemporary winter color scheme! Cover all your candy and wine bottles (or soda bottles for the kids) with coordinating printable labels. You can find many complete printable party kits on Etsy – if you are a diy’er and don’t mind a few hours of cutting with scissors- this is a huge money saver for any party. You just need a good quality home color printer. A straight cutter (a paper cutting tool that many scrapbookers use) will save you time on the cutting too.
Be creative with your signage and use a play on words, like this clever party sign below, and so easy to print and frame-
If you don’t have hours to cook- that is Okay! Get creative with your packaging of store bought foods, like these labeled and packaged marshmallows for a hot cocoa bar –
Now for the Snowball Mini Cupcakes Recipe–
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup chopped flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (24-cup) mini muffin pans with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, milk, oil, and eggs with a mixer at medium speed until moistened, about 2 minutes. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 12 minutes. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cream and pudding mix at high speed until fluffy. Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a small round tip.
- Make a small incision in the bottom of cupcakes, and pipe 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla mixture into centers. Pipe vanilla mixture over tops of cupcakes; sprinkle with coconut. Serve immediately.
Stop by any of my Etsy shops for some quick holiday decorations and gift ideas if you don’t have much time to do it yourself this month-