Baby Shower DIY
ONESIE CUPCAKES HOW TO DIY
- 4 onesies (most come in a pack of 4)
- 4 receiving blankets (most also come in a pack of 4)
- 4 regular size coffee filters (base diameter 3.25″)
- 4 rubber bands
- 4 pieces of ribbon
- 1 cupcake box (Wilton’s offers these as window treat boxes in a pack of 3 at size 4″ x 8″ x 8″)
HOW TO MAKE ONESIE CUPCAKES:
- Fold your receiving blanket lengthwise into thirds. This will be the base of your cupcake.
- Gather your onesie as best as you can (hold with one hand and poke into your fist). This will be the “frosting” of the cupcake. I made sure the applique shape was at the top so that there was a pop of color.
- Wrap your receiving blanket around and around your onesie, starting at the bottom. Secure with a rubber band.
- Place it inside of a coffee filter (the “wrapper” of the cupcake) and tie a ribbon around it.
- Repeat four times to make all four of your onesie cupcakes. Or make as many as you want for shower decor or more gifts for the guest of honor.
These are deliciously cute laid out on a table at the baby shower or in a basket.
Or add them inside your window treat box and give them as a gift to the mother-to-be at the shower.
Decorate your window treat box with some fun colorful washi tape (polka dots are fun as shown on these) and by finishing up your box by tying it up a bow with some added ribbon and a gift tag.
They almost look good enough to EAT! Huzzah!
Thanks for stopping by The Party Fetti Blog today!
Be sure to visit any of our shops (CLICK LINKS BELOW) if you need a little something for your party or upcoming baby shower: