NEW YEAR’S EVE BALLOONS
These are a quick and easy DIY New Year’s Eve decoration for ringing in 2016! So easy! Grab some gold balloons and your paint brush and let’s get started!
TOOLS AND MATERIALS
- A dozen helium-filled gold or white latex balloons with gold string – SOLD HERE: GOLD BALLOONS
- 1 jar gold enamel paint or “liquid gold leaf” or white paint
- 1″ chip brush
- Latex gloves
*These can be white or gold balloons painted with either gold or white paint- either way works, you decide!
1. Mix paint well.
2. While wearing gloves, hold balloon by the tied end.
3. Apply paint in quick, upward strokes toward the top of balloon. Continue until you go all the way around the balloon. Don’t fuss over perfectly even brush strokes – the hand-painted look is the goal here. And keep in mind, you only want to paint the bottom one third of each balloon.
4. Allow to dry, then add some extra ribbon or a tassel for decoration.
Tip: Hi-Float is a great product for making your balloons stay up longer.
These painted balloons are also stunning at a wedding as a table centerpiece. Or prefect at any celebration! Thanks for stopping by the Party Fetti website today!