Today’s card is taking inspiration from a picture from a paper crafting magazine, essentially taking someone’s else general design or idea and switching it up and making it my own. I do this often. . .the great thing is, it never really looks like theirs, sometimes I just need a launching point for getting my creative juices flowing. While I like the pagemaps and sketches, I’m more of an in-color gal that needs more visuals to get me going on a project!
BIG GIVE-AWAY NEXT MONDAY!
Okay ladies. . .I am trying to draw more followers to my blog and I need your help. . .so I’m giving away some new, never opened great stuff from my MemoryWorks inventory and my own stash. To WIN, all you have to do is bring more followers from today through next Monday, April 5th to my blog by posting my blog link everywhere and getting the word out. I’ll need a minimum of at least 10 new followers referred by each person to be eligible for the give-away. If we have a tie. . . we’ll have an additional 24 hour contest to see who brings the first new additional follower to my blog-just one more. Just make sure that a new follower you referred leaves a comment on any day and they will need to leave your name and blog name and link so that I can go back and count each comment and verify each new follower as one of your referred. Hope that makes sense? I’ll foot the postage and mail out to the winner! I’ll post pictures of the goodies later this week, but here is what the WINNER will get:
BIG STASH GIVE AWAY ITEMS:
1. Red Mini-Notebook
2. We R Memory Keepers Self-Adhesive Flocked Lace in Lavendar Swirl (Madame Royale)
3. Inkadinkado Set of 10 Clear Stamps-Little Cupcake Set (little cute babies and expressions)
4. K&Company Amy Butler Mini Alblum Book Kit
5. Junkitz Experssions Blue Print Letter/Alphabet Rub-ons
6. Piggy Tales Barndoors/Windows from the Cinderella Collection (they are like frames that open)-13 total
7. 7 Gypsies Congrats Sticker Sheet
8. 7 Gypsies Love Sticker Sheet
9. Daisy D’s Sunshine Cardstock Sticker Sheet
10. Fancy Pants Aged Florals Double Sided Paper Pack by designer Nancie Rowe-Janitz-6 PP in florals
11. Fancy Pants Cards/PP in Summer Soiree by designer Michelle Coleman-12 cards or 1 PP on other side
12. Pebbles So Tweet Sticker Sheet
13. BasicGrey Undressed Self-Adhesive & Archival Safe Chipboard Shapes in Obscure-120 pieces
14. EXCLUSIVE Calendar Tag Book Kit from MemoryWorks-comes with designer paper, tons of embellishments for the book, pre-printed calendar month pages, and instructions.
15. You Go Girl Special Issue Magazine by Paper Crafts Magazine-this is my issue, I’ll be passing on slightly used.
WOWSIE! That is nice Give Away for just spreading the word about my blog!
TODAY’S MAKE IT MINE MONDAY PROJECT: LIFE OF THE PARTY CARD!
This is taken from the Special Paper Crafts Magazine issue: You Go Girl from this picture on page 155 by designer Charrie Shockey. Her card is adorable and it is called “You Sexy Thing”. Hope I’m not infringing on any copyright here. . .I’m giving credit to the magazine and the designer. Love her design, but I switched my up and it came out completely different!
From the above card to Making It Mine=
Start bringing those followers over for a chance to win the Give Away! You have until next week. Come back every day this week for some more GIRL FUN! Tomorrow is MAD LIBS and it will be entertaining!
See you then!